Kate’s career coaching will help you understand your unique strengths, develop clarity about your career direction and grow your confidence so that you feel engaged and fulfilled in your role.
- Clarify your career direction.
- Build your self-belief and confidence.
- Learn how to become a more creative and mindful leader.
- Overcome ‘imposter syndrome’.
- Understand your unique strengths.
- Reconnect you with the things you’re passionate about.
- Build authentic relationships.
- Bring creativity into your life, even if it can’t be your career for now.
- Improve your experience in your current workplace.
- Bring a range of passions together to make your life more meaningful.
- Understand how to transition into your own creative startup.
- Create a more balanced and meaningful life.
Who is a career coach for?
Kate’s clients are people who know how to fit into mainstream culture, but sometimes feel that there’s something missing in the traditional version of success. Some say they suffer from perfectionism or ‘imposter syndrome’ and many are struggling to find balance. You can read more about Kate’s ideal client here.
The career coaching 1:1 program
Your coaching program runs over three-months and includes the following.
- Pre-coaching strengths profiling and preparation questionnairesThe profiling tools will provide insights into your innate strengths and give me insights into how we will work best together. We’ll both have a better understanding of the potential stumbling blocks you’re likely to encounter along the way. The prep questionnaires will help you gain clarity on the most important objectives for your career, your life and for the coaching program.
- 1 x 75-minute strategy session We’ll review your profiling results and prep questionnaires and start creating a vision for your ideal career, business or life. You’ll leave this session with a greater understanding of yourself and at least a few clear goals and action steps.
- 4 x 60-minute sessions
We meet every couple of weeks to review your progress, to establish new objectives and to keep you moving beyond any of the limiting beliefs or behaviours that could hold you back. Your coaching program is valid for three months so you can take the time you need to get the most from the program.
- 5 x workbooks – Believe in Yourself and Do What You Love
You’ll receive free copies of our comprehensive workbooks to help you discover your values and purpose, overcome your limiting beliefs, define your vision, build resilience, discover your ideal career and if you’re changing roles, to approach the career search process with confidence.
- 6 x workbooks – Creative Business Mentoring (for those who are transitioning into their own business)
You’ll receive free copies of our comprehensive business mentoring workbooks which include exercises and strategies to help you with your business planning, creating your social media and marketing plan, managing your finances as well as overcoming self-doubt and maintaining balance in your life as you grow your business.
- Unlimited email and telephone support between sessions
I’ll be here to touch base between sessions to keep you on track and to make sure you feel supported.
- Option to continue with single-sessions
I offer ongoing appointments for clients who have completed a coaching program. These can be scheduled at your convenience.
$1,250 AUD (save $100) or 3 x monthly instalments of $450. Coaching is tax deductible. Please confirm with your accountant.
- 5 x coaching sessions
- 11 x comprehensive workbooks
- Unlimited email and telephone support
More questions about the career coaching program?
Check out our frequently asked questions or find out more about Kate James and the clients she usually works with. If a coaching program isn’t right for you, maybe a single half-day discovery session might suit you better.
What Kate’s clients say
‘I can’t recommend the coaching sessions with Kate James highly enough. I was very sceptical about them before starting – imagining they would be full of corporate psychology jargon. But in fact I gained far more from them than I ever imagined, on both a personal and professional level. The sessions are interactive, conducted in a warm and positive manner which encourages honesty and self-reflection, and extremely practical in focus. Their great strength is that they focus on your whole life and the way you live it, not just on your role as a manager. I’ve learned a great deal both in terms of how I lead my life and how I perform in management, the one informing the other. This holistic, down-to-earth approach has been the most helpful and realistic counselling/coaching I’ve ever had.’
‘When I began coaching sessions with Kate, I was at a very low point in both my personal and professional life. Kate’s thoughtful guidance has proved to be a turning point. She created an environment of complete trust that allowed me to provide information that was at the heart of the matter. In response, Kate was both kind and firm, as required. Her personal follow ups created a clear set of practical action items, without losing sight of longer term life goals. I have now emerged from my darkness, and Kate’s advice continues to guide me towards a more positive future. I strongly recommend Kate James to join your own personal team.’
Business Professional, Melbourne
‘I’m a lawyer and I approached Kate for career coaching to seek direction about my future practice. Kate was fantastic. Together we worked through the ideas and workshopped the different options available. From our discussion I decided to start my own law firm which was something I previously had not fully considered. I have not looked back. Through this process, Kate offered advice and assistance from the preparation of the business plan and projected earnings to advising on the branding of the business. Without her assistance, I would not have achieved what I did in such a short space of time. Highly recommended.’
Dennis Danaher, Director Danaher Legal
‘My thanks to you for your career coaching guidance and direction over the past six weeks. You have provided me with the focus and tools to think deeply and broadly about where I am at and what I want to be and given me insights that have shone a light on what I need to do and how to go about it. It has been a truly rewarding learning experience.’
‘Hi Kate, it’s a while now since I’ve seen you, so I hope you remember me. I came to see you in the first half of 2005, when I was working at a big corporate law firm and trying to work out what to do with my life – primarily in a career sense, but, of course, that led to all sorts of other questions. As you may remember, with your encouragement I eventually applied for a different role which fit much better with my personal goals and values.
I was so ready to change directions, but I just couldn’t find a way to do it without that support. And the conversations that we had and the resources you gave me – the questions about values and the books you referred me to – were so helpful then and are still helpful now. I really value the experience of working with you, it has made me appreciate the choices I have so much more and realise that whenever I feel like I’m not where I want to be, I can do something to change it.’
CH, Lawyer, Melbourne
Still not sure if you’re ready for career coaching?
Join our mailing list for free articles to help you begin to create a career and a life you love.ENQUIRE NOW »